Forum: SuRun English speaking RSS
Windows Task Scheduler and Linmited User
Steve (Guest) #1
No profile available.
Link to this post
Subject: Windows Task Scheduler and Linmited User
Hello,

Firstly I want to say thank you very much for SuRun.  I really like the concept and the way it's implemented.

I do have a problem running a task in Windows Task Scheduler that is actually the updater for my AntiVirus software which needs to be run as an administrator. It's not possible for me to use the scheduler included with AntiVir, so I need to use Windows Task Scheduler.

This is what I have set to run in Windows Task Scheduler which works fine using a password in an Administrator account , but not in a Limited Account with the same credentials:

"C:\Program Files\Avira\Avira PersonalEdition Classic\preupd.exe"

I have added the executable itself and a shortcut with additional parameters to the SuRunners group which works fine. Is there anyway to apply SuRun to Windows Task Scheduler?

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Steve
Kay (Administrator) #2
User title: Weltverbesserer
Member since Nov 2007 · 1508 posts · Location: Magdeburg
Group memberships: Administratoren, Mitglieder
Show profile · Link to this post
Hi Steve,

Quote by Steve:
This is what I have set to run in Windows Task Scheduler which works fine using a password in an Administrator account , but not in a Limited Account with the same credentials:

"C:\Program Files\Avira\Avira PersonalEdition Classic\preupd.exe"

I have added the executable itself and a shortcut with additional parameters to the SuRunners group which works fine. Is there anyway to apply SuRun to Windows Task Scheduler?

AFAIK Task Scheduler is a service that directly starts programs at scheduled events.
To start something from Task Scheduler with elevated rights through SuRun, you need to create a new task with the limited user credentials (as you already did) and insert "surun " to the start of command line.

"SuRun C:\Program Files\Avira\Avira PersonalEdition Classic\preupd.exe"
or
"C:\Windows\SuRun.exe C:\Program Files\Avira\Avira PersonalEdition Classic\preupd.exe"

should work just fine.
Steve (Guest) #3
No profile available.
Link to this post
Thank you very much for the quick response Kay.

It's working perfectly now :-D

Steve
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 41.8 ms (16.8 ms) · 44 database queries in 7.5 ms
Current time: 2019-08-23, 07:20:57 (UTC +02:00)