LeastPrivileges #1
Mitglied seit 06/2013 · 26 Beiträge
Gruppenmitgliedschaften: Mitglieder
Profil anzeigen · Link auf diesen Beitrag
Betreff: 'Install new hardware automagically' box greyed out
Hello,

Windows 7 (x64)
SuRun v1.2.1.0

The 'install hardware automagically as Administrator' box is grayed out. I installed Logitech SetPoint drivers for a keyboard and mouse combo, then I plugged in the USB dongle, the SuRun RunAs credentials box came up and I had to enter the user password and click OK several times, now every time I boot up the SuRun RunAs box appears and makes me type in the user password for the SuRun user. The path is quite long, it is "C:\Windows\System32\newdev.exe "00000001" \\.\pipe\ and then a long plug and play string. I have the 'store and use real user password' box checked, I unchecked it to see if that would help, but it didnt make any difference.
Kay (Administrator) #2
Benutzertitel: Weltverbesserer
Mitglied seit 11/2007 · 1469 Beiträge · Wohnort: Magdeburg
Gruppenmitgliedschaften: Administratoren, Mitglieder
Hello,

While I implemented the "Install new Hardware automagically as Administrator" option I had problems trying to do this in Windows Vista and 7. Because I had no time to investigate further (as usual) and because UAC helps in these OSes, I just grayed out the check box...

So this behavior is more or less intended.

Cheers,

Kay
LeastPrivileges #3
Mitglied seit 06/2013 · 26 Beiträge
Gruppenmitgliedschaften: Mitglieder
Well I found the problem, under the 'Execution hooks' tab, I unchecked the 'Try to detect if unknown applications need to start with elevated rights' box.

That fixed it, no more needing a password at startup after plugging in the USB dongle for the Logitech keyboard.
Schließen Kleiner – Größer + Auf diesen Beitrag antworten:
Prüfcode: VeriCode Gib bitte das Wort aus dem Bild ins folgende Textfeld ein. (Nur die Buchstaben eingeben, Kleinschreibung ist in Ordnung.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Weitere Zeichen:
Gehe zu Forum
Nicht angemeldet. · Kennwort vergessen · Registrieren
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Seite erstellt in 98,5 ms (23,7 ms) · 51 Datenbankabfragen in 15,9 ms
Aktuelle Zeit: 22.08.2017, 16:59:12 (UTC +02:00)