Forum: SuRun English speaking RSS
Conflict with ThreatFire
Infinite Luta #1
Member since Apr 2008 · 3 posts
Group memberships: Mitglieder
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Conflict with ThreatFire
Hi Kay,

I have PC Tools ThreatFire installed and it seems to conflict with SuRun's burred background option.

Whenever I try to open SuRun settings, the the blurred version of the desktop is shown, but it covers up the settings window making it inaccessible. If I press Alt+Tab it will bring the settings window to the top, while Alt+F4 will remove the blurr and expose the settings window. So far, this has only happened with the SuRun Settings window, but not with other windows (i.e. SuRun's RunAs or Start as administrator).

This stops happening as soon as I either disable the blurred background option or uninstall ThreatFire, so a conflict is happening somewhere. Perhaps making the SuRun settings window be "Always on Top" is a possible fix? However, that might be covering up the symptom rather than fixing the actual cause. ;)

Other than that, SuRun is a wonderful tool and been working great so far. Keep up the good work! :)
Kay (Administrator) #2
User title: Weltverbesserer
Member since Nov 2007 · 1509 posts · Location: Magdeburg
Group memberships: Administratoren, Mitglieder
Hi Infinite Luta,

I'll try that out as soon as I can.
Did you have the same issue with SuRun 1.1.0.4?
In SuRun 1.1.0.5 I changed the Setup Dialog from "System Modal" to normal because Admins see this Dialog on their desktop. So if this bug is new in 1.1.0.5, I know where to start searching.

Kay
Infinite Luta #3
It didn't start happening until I installed 1.1.0.5; it didn't happen in 1.1.0.4.
That should narrow it down to the changes you made in 1.1.0.5.
Kay (Administrator) #4
Hi Infinite Luta,

I could reproduce the issue on my notebook.
I played a bit with the blurred Desktop and probably fixed the issue with one side effect: The Blurred Desktop does not flicker anymore on my machines. :-D

Attached to this post is an unofficial SuRun, still with version number 1.1.0.5.
Please test it on your system and tell me if it works now.

Thanks,

Kay
The author has attached one file to this post:
InstallSuRun.zip | Save   245.8 kBytes, downloaded 154 times
Infinite Luta #5
Hello again Kay,

I installed the SuRun build you posted, and so far so good. The issue isn't happening anymore.
The Burred Desktop does not seem to flicker anymore on my system as well. Nice job. :)

I'll be sure to let you know if I ever experience any other problems.

Thanks,

Infinite Luta
Kay (Administrator) #6
I'll be sure to let you know if I ever experience any other problems.

Kay
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 44.7 ms (22.2 ms) · 72 database queries in 7.7 ms
Current time: 2019-09-20, 01:55:37 (UTC +02:00)