Forum: SuRun English speaking RSS
Using hardware install hooking with specific application limitations
jmp242 (Guest) #1
No profile available.
Link to this post
Subject: Using hardware install hooking with specific application limitations
I'm trying to set up quite limited surun for our users on WinXP and eventually Win7. So we only allow very specific applications to be elevated, and do not let users change the settings. Is it possible in such a setup to allow ONLY the hardware installer box like I can specify specific apps to be allowed to be elevated? If so, how?
Kay (Administrator) #2
User title: Weltverbesserer
Member since Nov 2007 · 1508 posts · Location: Magdeburg
Group memberships: Administratoren, Mitglieder
Show profile · Link to this post
Quote by jmp242:
..to allow ONLY the hardware installer box like I...

Is "the hardware installer box" an account or a PC?
jmp242 (Guest) #3
No profile available.
Link to this post
I think I wasn't being clear, I meant the pop-up dialog box that Windows (XP anyway) shows when you, say, plug in new hardware when logged in as a limited user account that asks for Administrator credentials.

It's possible I've entirely misunderstood the changelog entry for 1.2.7.0 here (translated to English here):
In Windows 2000, XP and 2003 Surun can find the "New Hardware" dialog automagically start administratively. It is adjustable for each SuRunner if "mount directly into programs that run other programs." Active.
Kay (Administrator) #4
User title: Weltverbesserer
Member since Nov 2007 · 1508 posts · Location: Magdeburg
Group memberships: Administratoren, Mitglieder
Show profile · Link to this post
If you activate "Hide SuRun from this user" and "Install new Hardware automagically as administrator", you're done.
The author has attached one file to this post:
HWonlySettings.png | Save   13 kBytes
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 49.3 ms (15.5 ms) · 51 database queries in 9.3 ms
Current time: 2019-08-18, 16:01:56 (UTC +02:00)