Forum: SuRun English speaking RSS
Passwords refused
citi3 #1
Member since Mar 2008 · 2 posts
Group memberships: Mitglieder
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Passwords refused
Hi there,

I've just installed SuRun following the instructions here: http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=196737.
I created a new Administrator account and changed my original account to that of a Limited User.
After installing SuRun in the new Administrator account, I logged off, and logged into the Limited User account, I tried to start a program as an administrator, and was asked for the new Administrator account's password. I entered the password, but I received an error message telling me the Login failed. I double checked the password, and it was correct.
I then logged back into the Administrator account, and added my user account to the SuRunners group. I logged back into the User account, I tried to start a program as an administrator, and this time was asked for my User account password. I entered the password for my Limited User account, but it too was refused, and I received the same error message.
Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions would be welcome. Thank You.
Kay (Administrator) #2
User title: Weltverbesserer
Member since Nov 2007 · 1508 posts · Location: Magdeburg
Group memberships: Administratoren, Mitglieder
Hello citi3,

Has anyone else had this problem?

I' ve never had such problems.
It seems that the "network logon" does not work on your machine.
Did you change the group policy for that?

I'm curently not at home and will not be for a week.
So please be patient if answers last a few days.

Kay
citi3 #3
Member since Mar 2008 · 2 posts
Group memberships: Mitglieder
Hi Kay,

Well, I've reverted to a much earlier image, and all is well now. I didn't change the access from the network settings, I really don't know what it was, but again, it's running fine now.  Anyway, thanks for taking the time to respond, and I wish you all the best with what is looking to be an outstanding program.
Not an expert (Guest) #4
No profile available.
Link to this post
Have you checked your services by running services.msc?  I think you have to have Seconday Logon set to automatic.  I remember RunAs refusing to work until I did something like that.  It sounds like you have passwords on both accounts - I think that is required too.

Cheers,
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 41.8 ms (16.2 ms) · 53 database queries in 8.5 ms
Current time: 2019-08-20, 14:42:05 (UTC +02:00)