Forum: SuRun English speaking RSS
Problem Compiling SuRun with Visual Studio 2005
Error Messages: 1>.\InstallSuRun.rc(101) : error RC2135 : file not found: ..\ReleaseU\SuRun.exe
sramey (Guest) #1
No profile available.
Link to this post
Subject: Problem Compiling SuRun with Visual Studio 2005
Hello, I am attempting to add functionality to the great SuRun product however I am having problems compiling in Visual Studio 2005 because of errors like 1>.\InstallSuRun.rc(101) : error RC2135 : file not found: ..\ReleaseU\SuRun.exe referencing the InstallSuRun.rc file. I don't know much about programming in Windows environments but I would like to add this functionality so that our users have an option to install software without running as Administrators all of the time. Does anyone have a suggestion for me? Thank you.

Shane
Kay (Administrator) #2
User title: Weltverbesserer
Member since Nov 2007 · 1509 posts · Location: Magdeburg
Group memberships: Administratoren, Mitglieder
Show profile · Link to this post
I just tried to compile SuRun with VC2k5 and failed too...
I'll fix the workspace and project files.
Kay (Administrator) #3
I fixed it.
The current version of SuRun is VC8 compilable.

You need to have the Plattform SDK installed and UPX in your path.

To get the latest sources, use svn. (E.g.: svn co https://surun.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/surun ./surun)

Open SuRun.sln and then build
  • SuRun32 Unicode Release|Win32
  • x64 Unicode Release|x64
  • Unicode Release|Win32

in that order, to get InstallSuRun.exe.

You may also compile older sources when using the new .SLN and .VCPROJ files.

EDIT: BuildSuRun.cmd has been updated to support VS2005
This post was edited on 2009-09-09, 13:35 by Kay.
sramey (Guest) #4
No profile available.
Link to this post
Quote by Kay:
Open SuRun.sln and then build * SuRun32 Unicode Release|Win32 * x64 Unicode Release|x64 * Unicode Release|Win32 in that order, to get InstallSuRun.exe.

Kay, thank you very much for your response. I am excited about your software. We aren't using x64 here but I would like to folow your directions, however I attempted to run the x64 Unicode Debug | x64 from within Visual Studio 2005 and I cannot find that option. I commented the two lines
//SURUN.EXE               EXE64_FILE DISCARDABLE  "..\\ReleaseUx64\\SuRun.exe"
//SURUNEXT.DLL            EXE64_FILE DISCARDABLE  "..\\ReleaseUx64\\SuRunExt.dll"

out of InstallSuRun.rc and it seems to be working fine for my platform. If you have any ideas as to how I can get rid of the errors for x64 below without commenting these lines please let me know. Thank you.

3>.\InstallSuRun.rc(109) : error RC2135 : file not found: ..\ReleaseUx64\SuRun.exe
3>.\InstallSuRun.rc(110) : error RC2135 : file not found: ..\ReleaseUx64\SuRunExt.dll
Kay (Administrator) #5
Quote by sramey on 2009-09-09, 19:35:
We aren't using x64 here but I would like to folow your directions, however I attempted to run the x64 Unicode Debug | x64 from within Visual Studio 2005 and I cannot find that option.

If you don't want an x64 SuRun, you can skip compiling SuRunx64, SuRun32 and InstallSuRun.
All you need is "SuRun Unicode Release|Win32".
SuRun.exe will handle the installation process, when it is not started from %WINDIR%.

There is no configuration "x64 Unicode Debug | x64" or any x64 option for InstallSuRun.
To compile such a solution, you'll need to uncheck InstallSuRun for that build.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 40.7 ms (18 ms) · 58 database queries in 8.3 ms
Current time: 2019-12-08, 03:19:00 (UTC +01:00)