Forum: SuRun English speaking RSS
Creating remote settings changing GUI with AutoIT
jmp242 (Guest) #1
No profile available.
Link to this post
Subject: Creating remote settings changing GUI with AutoIT
I'm currently writing a remote settings changing AutoIT script (because I know and use AutoIT) so I can connect to one PC and update the permissions without needing to remote control the system.

Mostly I'm just doing a backup to ini, reading out the info to my GUI, adding entries to the ini file or otherwise changing them, and then restoring the ini to surun.

The problem is,I've been very successful in changing / adding users and WhiteList permissions this way, but I cannot remove users (or, presumably permissions)... Restore seems to be a merge rather than overwrite.

So - where does surun store its settings? In the registry somewhere? Is there any reason not to try and affect these like this?
Kay (Administrator) #2
User title: Weltverbesserer
Member since Nov 2007 · 1509 posts · Location: Magdeburg
Group memberships: Administratoren, Mitglieder
Show profile · Link to this post
The settings for each user are stored in "HKLM\Security\SuRun\<DomainName|Machine>\<UserName>" and
"HKCR\CLSID\{2C7B6088-5A77-4d48-BE43-30337DCA9A86}\Options\<DomainName|Machine>\<UserName>"

If you delete these Keys, all SuRun settings for this user are lost.

The saved passwords for "SuRun /RunAs" are stored in "HKLM\Security\SuRun\RunAs<DomainName|Machine>\<UserName>"
jmp242 (Guest) #3
No profile available.
Link to this post
So, should I be able to see these registry keys as local Admin, or do I need a different method to view them? I cannot seem to see them logged in as Admin and using regedit. For instance, there is no sub entry of HKLM\Security...
jmp242 (Guest) #4
No profile available.
Link to this post
Never mind, I found them - apparently you have to run as system to see them, Admin isn't enough... Now to think about what the right way to do this is...
jmp242 (Guest) #5
No profile available.
Link to this post
Hmmm, actually I don't see anything under
HKCR\CLSID\{2C7B6088-5A77-4d48-BE43-30337DCA9A86}

Can I just ignore that then??
Kay (Administrator) #6
User title: Weltverbesserer
Member since Nov 2007 · 1509 posts · Location: Magdeburg
Group memberships: Administratoren, Mitglieder
Show profile · Link to this post
Quote by jmp242:
Hmmm, actually I don't see anything under
HKCR\CLSID\{2C7B6088-5A77-4d48-BE43-30337DCA9A86}

Can I just ignore that then??

The System Tray Settings are stored there, so that "SuRun /SysMenuHook" can read them.

SuRun stores Data to the registry, only if it is different from default values or from the value that was already written. So you can't see settings there.
jmp242 (Guest) #7
No profile available.
Link to this post
Thanks for all your help. Got it working now.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 43.7 ms (17.5 ms) · 63 database queries in 10.7 ms
Current time: 2019-12-07, 14:31:35 (UTC +01:00)