Forum: SuRun English speaking RSS
Creating remote settings changing GUI with AutoIT
jmp242 (Gast) #1
Kein Benutzerprofil vorhanden.
Link auf diesen Beitrag
Betreff: Creating remote settings changing GUI with AutoIT
I'm currently writing a remote settings changing AutoIT script (because I know and use AutoIT) so I can connect to one PC and update the permissions without needing to remote control the system.

Mostly I'm just doing a backup to ini, reading out the info to my GUI, adding entries to the ini file or otherwise changing them, and then restoring the ini to surun.

The problem is,I've been very successful in changing / adding users and WhiteList permissions this way, but I cannot remove users (or, presumably permissions)... Restore seems to be a merge rather than overwrite.

So - where does surun store its settings? In the registry somewhere? Is there any reason not to try and affect these like this?
Kay (Administrator) #2
Benutzertitel: Weltverbesserer
Mitglied seit 11/2007 · 1480 Beiträge · Wohnort: Magdeburg
Gruppenmitgliedschaften: Administratoren, Mitglieder
Profil anzeigen · Link auf diesen Beitrag
The settings for each user are stored in "HKLM\Security\SuRun\<DomainName|Machine>\<UserName>" and
"HKCR\CLSID\{2C7B6088-5A77-4d48-BE43-30337DCA9A86}\Options\<DomainName|Machine>\<UserName>"

If you delete these Keys, all SuRun settings for this user are lost.

The saved passwords for "SuRun /RunAs" are stored in "HKLM\Security\SuRun\RunAs<DomainName|Machine>\<UserName>"
jmp242 (Gast) #3
Link auf diesen Beitrag
So, should I be able to see these registry keys as local Admin, or do I need a different method to view them? I cannot seem to see them logged in as Admin and using regedit. For instance, there is no sub entry of HKLM\Security...
jmp242 (Gast) #4
Link auf diesen Beitrag
Never mind, I found them - apparently you have to run as system to see them, Admin isn't enough... Now to think about what the right way to do this is...
jmp242 (Gast) #5
Link auf diesen Beitrag
Hmmm, actually I don't see anything under
HKCR\CLSID\{2C7B6088-5A77-4d48-BE43-30337DCA9A86}

Can I just ignore that then??
Kay (Administrator) #6
Benutzertitel: Weltverbesserer
Mitglied seit 11/2007 · 1480 Beiträge · Wohnort: Magdeburg
Gruppenmitgliedschaften: Administratoren, Mitglieder
Profil anzeigen · Link auf diesen Beitrag
Zitat von jmp242:
Hmmm, actually I don't see anything under
HKCR\CLSID\{2C7B6088-5A77-4d48-BE43-30337DCA9A86}

Can I just ignore that then??

The System Tray Settings are stored there, so that "SuRun /SysMenuHook" can read them.

SuRun stores Data to the registry, only if it is different from default values or from the value that was already written. So you can't see settings there.
jmp242 (Gast) #7
Link auf diesen Beitrag
Thanks for all your help. Got it working now.
Schließen Kleiner – Größer + Auf diesen Beitrag antworten:
Prüfcode: VeriCode Gib bitte das Wort aus dem Bild ins folgende Textfeld ein. (Nur die Buchstaben eingeben, Kleinschreibung ist in Ordnung.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Weitere Zeichen:
Gehe zu Forum
Nicht angemeldet. · Kennwort vergessen · Registrieren
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Seite erstellt in 97,4 ms (44,9 ms) · 63 Datenbankabfragen in 15,7 ms
Aktuelle Zeit: 23.10.2018, 08:02:46 (UTC +02:00)