Forum: SuRun English speaking RSS
Adding Active Directory Groups to surunners
boaff #1
Member since Oct 2008 · 3 posts
Group memberships: Mitglieder
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Adding Active Directory Groups to surunners
Would it be possible to add Active Directory groups to the SuRunners group?   Although I could not do this in the GUI, I was able to get some success adding an AD group by specifying the group in the  [User0] section of the ini file and importing the INI during installation.  Surun worked but none of the Advanced settings were applied for the users in the AD group. BTW SuRun is shaping into a must have, thanks.
Kay (Administrator) #2
User title: Weltverbesserer
Member since Nov 2007 · 1509 posts · Location: Magdeburg
Group memberships: Administratoren, Mitglieder
Show profile · Link to this post
Sorry for the delay. I was on vacation.
To make SuRun work with AD Groups as users I'd need to change a lot in SuRuns clockwork.

Currently SuRun looks for user settings HKLM\Security\SuRun\<Computer/Domain>\User.
I need to add an Option to lookup HKLM\Security\SuRun\<Computer/Domain>\Group as well.
But this needs to be done with care to avoid potential risks or confusion.
Perhaps I should think about storing SuRuns Settings directly in AD... but this still is fiction.

I'll try to make SuRun work with user groups as soon as I have enough spare time.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 40.7 ms (11.2 ms) · 44 database queries in 9.6 ms
Current time: 2019-12-07, 14:31:47 (UTC +01:00)