Alle Beiträge von tremolux66 (8)

Thema: SuRun and Bitdefender on Win 10 Pro (Cannot install SuRun on Win 10 Pro with Bitdefender active)  im Forum: SuRun English speaking
tremolux66 #1
Mitglied seit 04/2016 · 8 Beiträge · Wohnort: Virginia, USA
Gruppenmitgliedschaften: Mitglieder
Profil anzeigen · Link auf diesen Beitrag
Glad to hear that. Thanks for the quick reply!  :-)
Thema: SuRun and Bitdefender on Win 10 Pro (Cannot install SuRun on Win 10 Pro with Bitdefender active)  im Forum: SuRun English speaking
tremolux66 #2
Betreff: SuRun and Bitdefender on Win 10 Pro
We have been using SuRun successfully on Win 7 Pro to elevate 1 program for 1 user through a desktop shortcut (.lnk); the program is set to require admin privileges in its source code. When we tested our code on Win 10 Pro, we were able to get the program to work by changing the shortcut target from just
"<program-path>"
to
C:\Windows\SuRun.exe "<program-path>"
as mentioned in another thread in the forum. So far, so good.

When I tried to install SuRun on a Win 10 Pro laptop that had Bitdefender security installed, however, the installation was blocked: Bitdefender claimed SuRun was infected. (Bitdefender identified a specific infection, but I didn't record the name and have not been able to reproduce the error message.)

I tried recovering the SuRun files from quarantine, but that made no difference - SuRun would not execute. I uninstalled SuRun, and attempted to re-install, but that did not work. I don't recall any error messages on the second attempt, but SuRun would not install correctly and/or would not execute.

Apparently, Bitdefender is convinced that SuRun is malware, and somehow permanently blocks it. Unlike (e.g.) Windows Defender, Bitdefender does not seem to provide much control of details for its anti-malware or firewall.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Is there a fix or some kind of workaround?
Thema: Capture SuRun /setup screens?  im Forum: SuRun English speaking
tremolux66 #3
Antwort auf Beitrag ID 4029
Betreff: FOLLOWUP: Another method for capturing SuRun screenshots
I had forgotten about this thread until I was browsing the forum today. Lately I have been using a different method to get SuRun screenshots, and it works very well in my situation.

Using a remote desktop tool that has screen capture (e.g., NoMachine or AnyDesk), I login to the computer where I want to get the screenshot and use the tool's local controls to capture an image of the entire desktop in a .png file. I then open an app that can insert and manipulate pictures (e.g., PowerPoint), insert the .png file into a blank page, and then crop and/or resize the image to get the desired result. The modified picture can then be exported to a file for later import, or simply saved in the document file and copied/pasted when needed. (I often create a PowerPoint document with all the screenshots I need for the Word document I am writing, although I could probably do everything directly in Word.)

Of course, this doesn't work so well if you have only a single computer, but for our project I have a development computer at my desk and test computers that are on the company network. I also use this method when I log into a work computer from home; I just need to upload the original .png files and then crop and save them on my work computer.
tremolux66 #4
Antwort auf Beitrag ID 4028
That worked - thanks.
tremolux66 #5
Antwort auf Beitrag ID 4026
Thanks for the suggestion, but I could not get it to work. I ran SuRun /setup and pressed <alt>+<print screen> while in the secure desktop, but when I canceled to return to the normal desktop, there was nothing in the clipboard to paste. (Or it's just the previous clipboard contents.)

I am able to capture windows and paste them into Paint on the normal desktop using this technique. Is this possibly a security policy issue?
tremolux66 #6
Betreff: Capture SuRun /setup screens?
Is there any way to capture the screen images from "SuRun /setup"?

I would like to document the settings that we are using, but with the secure desktop that does not seem possible.
Thema: SuRun License?  im Forum: SuRun English speaking
tremolux66 #7
Antwort auf Beitrag ID 4022
Thank you.

(For the future, you might consider including a standard license, e.g., some version of the GPL or other license that is used for open source software.)
Thema: SuRun License?  im Forum: SuRun English speaking
tremolux66 #8
Betreff: SuRun License?
What is the software license for SuRun? So far, I have not seen anything in the program (/setup) or in the documentation (ReadMe.txt) or on the website (Google English translation).

I am asking because my organization would like to use SuRun in a commercial product, and we need to know if that is permitted.
Schließen Kleiner – Größer + Auf diesen Beitrag antworten:
Weitere Zeichen:
Weitere Abfragen
Gehe zu Forum
Nicht angemeldet. · Kennwort vergessen · Registrieren
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Seite erstellt in 128,4 ms (54,6 ms) · 87 Datenbankabfragen in 38,2 ms
Aktuelle Zeit: 14.11.2018, 21:24:25 (UTC +01:00)