All posts by step (9)

topic: feature req  in the forum: SuRun English speaking
step #1
Member since Dec 2011 · 9 posts
Group memberships: Mitglieder
Show profile · Link to this post
Quote by Kay on 2012-01-22, 19:01:
Sorry for the late answer...

With a "secret phrase" option you could automate even more actions in SuRun.
I think including such a feature in the next SuRun (If I ever find the time to make it) will be possible.
Kay, I was just thinking that with a secret phrase option the OK/cancel dialog could even be bypassed altogether, don't you think? I have an application in mind where all I want to do is for SuRun to elevate (a particular instance of an application, not any instance of it), and in this case displaying the dialog is both unnecessary and confusing.
So anyway, this is a matter for a future version, if you ever find the time to make it. Thank you always.
step #2
In reply to post ID 3681
I see your point. But I don't want to default all buttons to OK. I think that combining global settings with command line options would work. Example:
; ini
[Button]
UserTag=MalwareCantGuessThisKeyThatIMadeUp

run
SuRun.exe /ButtonDefault=1 /ButtonUserTag=MalwareCantGuessThisKeyThatIMadeUp

unless, of course, malware can read all batch files and such on my system.
step #3
Subject: feature req
Hello Kay, would you please consider for the next beta version a command-line option to select the default button? I would like to default to OK rather than CANCEL. Maybe /BUTTON=1 (,2,3,... -I know the dialog has just 2 buttons now, but for future expansion...). Thank you.
topic: SuRun 1.2.1.0  in the forum: SuRun Beta
step #4
In reply to post ID 3666
Maybe it's just my browser, but I can't find a download link for the official version when I start from your wp news page. All links I click send me back to the same wp page, including the "comments" link in the 1.2.1.0 release article.
Another issue: when I click the login button at the bottom of this forum page I get a 404 error. I was lucky that my browser had saved session cookies so that I could post this message.
Congrats on the new release and happy 2012!
step #5
In reply to post ID 3656
Subject: restart CMD.exe as admin on Win7 fails (conhost.exe)
Hello Kay, "restart as administrator" a CMD.exe console window fails on Windows 7 because SuRun wants to start conhost.exe instead of CMD.exe. It fails similarly for other - I guess for all - conhost-hosted console programs, not just for CMD.exe.
step #6
In reply to post ID 3651
Quote by step:
Nothing seems to steal focus from the dialog. It's simply the keys that don't work here. Tomorrow I'll upgrade to RC5 and tell you if the problem persists.
RC5 or having rebooted my PC has fixed this issue. Thank you.
step #7
In reply to post ID 3648
Nothing seems to steal focus from the dialog. It's simply the keys that don't work here. Tomorrow I'll upgrade to RC5 and tell you if the problem persists.
step #8
In reply to post ID 3646
Hello Kay, I'm still testing the last beta version, but I think this applies to the latest RC as well.
On Win7 SP1 as restricted user I run SuRun.exe "some\program.exe" from the CMD prompt and SuRun displays its allow dialog. In that dialog Tab and arrow keys don't work, so I must use the mouse to select the OK button. Can you please enable keyboard navigation in that dialog? Thanks.
step #9
In reply to post ID 3593
Hello Kay, I noticed a small issue with SuRun 1.2.1.0 Beta 10 vom 17.10.2011.
When I run this command line
"C:\Windows\SuRun.exe" /wait  "E:\path\PROG.EXE"
SuRun doesn't do anything. Upon closer inspection you may notice that there are 2 spaces between /wait and "E:..." and that's the root cause. If I delete a space and leave only one space between /wait and "E:..." then SuRun starts PROG.EXE as expected.
I love SuRun, thank you for it!
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Special characters:
Special queries
Go to forum
Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 66.1 ms (38.7 ms) · 99 database queries in 19 ms
Current time: 2019-08-18, 13:42:15 (UTC +02:00)